Minnesota's #1 Web Site for Postings for Pre-K-12 Teaching and Administrative Positions
Assistant Principal, 1.0 FTE (8 hours per day, 12 months per year) - Elk River Area School District
Posted on 4/18/2017 9:18:40 AM
Listing expires 5/16/2017
Date of Availability: July 1, 2017
Date Closing: April 26, 2017
Description: The Assistant Principal assists the principal in the administration of the school. The incumbent performs specific and assigned responsibilities that support the instructional program, and school-wide student management in addition to the daily operations of the school.
1. Participates in the creation of policies for the organization, administration, and supervision of the school program and interpret those policies to the students, staff, and public so that there is efficient and effective general administration of the school.
2. Represents the school at a variety of meetings: district, state, and national.
3. Prepares and submits reports to the various departments at the School District Office, Directors of Educational Services and Business Services, Superintendent of Schools, School Board, and Department of Education.
4. Assists building principal in determining teaching assignments within the school.
5. Responsible for the formation of the daily master class schedule, and the individual student schedules to ensure efficient and effective program development of the school.
6. Assists in developing, evaluating, revising, and maintaining the curriculum and handbook of the school program consistent with School Board policy.
7. Works with staff in areas concerning class observation, program and teacher evaluations, student discipline and scheduling.
8. Assists in recommending the selection and retention of teachers, assistants, and secretaries to ensure efficient and effective staff personnel functions.
9. Assists in supervising, organizing, and implementing student registration programs and systems.
10. Assists in supervising the recordkeeping of the student discipline and cumulative information to ensure students meet graduation requirements.
11. Works with students in areas concerning discipline at school and school sponsored activities through meetings, conferences, and interpreting handbooks.
12. Assists in establishing and maintaining an effective school public relations program. Coordinates with the School Board, Superintendent of Schools, Director of Educational Services, and other School District departments and committees to achieve this goal.
13. Works with and acts in the capacity of liaison with various local welfare and protection agencies in order to improve the general welfare of individual students.
14. Assists in coordination and supervision of support staff, i.e., cooks and custodians, in order to facilitate the proper administration of the school building.
15. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. Minnesota principal's license.
2. Minimum of three years classroom teaching experience.
3. Knowledge and understanding of school concepts.
4. Experience in a school administrative position desirable.
5. Managerial skills including scheduling, planning, problem solving, conflict resolution, organization and leadership.
6. Proficient in human relations and communication skills.
7. Ability to supervise and give work direction to others.