Minnesota's #1 Web Site for Postings for Pre-K-12 Teaching and Administrative Positions
Secondary Associate Principal - Rochester Public Schools
Posted on 4/14/2017 4:13:12 PM
Listing expires 5/12/2017
Date of Availability: 07/01/2017
Date Closing: 04/28/2017
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Year: Full-time, Secondary Associate Principal (45 weeks)
Salary: $84,329 – 93,106 (dependent on experience; based on 2016-2017 RPA salary schedule; 2017-2018 salary information not available at this time.)
The position of Associate Principal is an entry level, training based position. An individual must have a current principal license to be eligible for the position. These positions are intended to provide experience and mentoring to individuals aspiring to be assistant principals and principals in the district.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming learning environment where all individuals are respected.
- Conducts classroom observations and evaluates the effectiveness of teachers and staff.
- Assist in development of policies and procedures dealing with behavior management, and parent/student/teacher issues.
- Investigate student discipline referrals and develop appropriate consequences based on building wide behavioral expectations. Maintain appropriate communication with students, staff and parents.
- Monitoring student database, attendance procedures and records, including tardiness and filing and monitoring of truancy petitions.
- Monitoring of grade reporting procedures and maintenance of student records.
- Coordination of student activity programs with faculty advisors.
- Recruitment, interviewing, and selection processes for building level personnel.
- Public relations and communication including orientation, newsletters, and school events
- Coordinates and supervises student use of cafeteria, lockers, lavatories, bus transportation, and related issues.
- Supervises school-related evening activities.
- Attend special education meetings.
- Serves with parents, faculty and student groups in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Provides supervision to paraprofessionals responsible for building/campus supervision.
- Performs other tasks and assumes responsibilities as assigned by the building principal/assistant principal.
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Successful classroom teaching background required.
- Demonstrated educational leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff, students, and parents.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Successful experience in working with diverse populations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Current knowledge and experience in implementation of technology to support instruction.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Works with great integrity.
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools has the seventh largest enrollment in Minnesota with 17,400 K-12 students with a District goal to diversify its workforce. The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent. Rochester, Minnesota is a city of 111,000+ and twice voted "The Best Place to Live in America" by Money magazine. Rochester is home to the Mayo Clinic and IBM. Our city draws residents and visitors from around the world. Competitive salary and benefits provided.
Please visit this link to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply on-line at www.applitrack.com/rochester/onlineapp.