Minnesota's #1 Web Site for Postings for Pre-K-12 Teaching and Administrative Positions
Assistant Principal - Activities - South Washington County Schools
Posted on 4/19/2017 8:30:20 AM
Listing expires 5/17/2017
Date of Availability: 07/01/2017
Date Closing: 4:00 PM on 05/12/2017
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Per Principal Contract
DISTRICT WEB SITE: http://www.sowashco.org
The South Washington County School district includes four St. Paul suburbs of Cottage Grove, Newport, St. Paul Park and Woodbury as well as portions of three other communities. Our district includes approximately 100,000 residents with 19,000 students enrolled in our schools. We have sixteen (K-5) elementary schools, four (6-8) middle schools, three (9-12) high schools and an alternative high school.
Administer and seek to continuously improve the high school activities program. Assure optimal student involvement, development of school spirit activities, and compliance with all South Washington County School District, Suburban East Conference, Minnesota State High School League, state and federal requirements. Provide an ongoing link with the community and its organizations to promote the school and its activities. Positively carries forward the district mission of being committed to igniting a passion for lifelong learning.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and maintain an overall effective program for students in co-curricular activities to include athletics and performing and fine arts.
2. Instill in students, staff, and participants high levels of respect for fair play and sportsmanship.
3. Oversee and manage the activity budget and additional flow through monies (fees, gate receipts, etc.).
4. Coordinate and schedule the school calendar for athletics and activities practices, rehearsals and events.
5. Coordinate with municipalities and other schools the use of ice arenas, pools and off-site fields.
6. Establish a high performing co-curricular staff through effective hiring and evaluation systems. Develop, coach, train, mentor and manage staff as appropriate.
7. Coordinate facility usage with Community Education programs.
8. Work with the Facilities Department to maintain safe, aesthetically pleasing facilities and grounds that meet all competition and safety requirements.
9. Conduct and coordinate seasonal eligibility meetings with parents and participants.
10. Coordinate officials and transportation for athletics and activities.
11. Communicate effectively with students and parents.
12. Promote school activities within the school, school district and community through the Communications Department and other local community organizations.
13. Coordinate and schedule supervision and security of all in-house co-curricular events.
14. Implement School District, Minnesota State High School League and Suburban East Conference rules and policies.
15. Attend meetings and represent the interest of the school and district, and perform duties assigned by the Suburban East Conference and Minnesota State High School League.
16. Coordinate after school activity groups.
17. Communicate with and inform coaches and advisors on policy, schedule and other changes and updates.
18. Develop and regularly update an Athletic/Activity Policy Handbook for staff, students and parents.
19. Prepare all required reports (e.g., Title IX, participation, budgets).
20. Prepare and approve vouchers for payment of personnel and purchases.
21. Prepare and recommend Capital Outlay and Activities Budget to the Principal/District Administrators.
22. Schedule and lead coaching and activity staff meetings.
23. Serve as liaison between high school programs and community booster groups.
24. Assist with organization and management of school assemblies.
25. Promote and arrange school pride activities and recognition for participants.
26. Serve as mediator for parents, students and coaches/advisors as circumstances require.
27. Perform other duties and other responsibilities as assigned by the building Principal and/or Assistant Superintendent/designee.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
1. Current Minnesota K-12 or Secondary Principal license
2. Previous experience as a coach or activity advisor
3. Strong organizational and communications skills
4. Exemplary ethics and personal integrity
5. High energy and strong belief in the value of high school activities
6. Proficient with routine computer functions
7. Prompt, regular and reliable attendance
8. Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships
9. Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions
1. Supervisory and managerial experience, including planning and budgeting
2. Experience working with a varied public, student, parent, and community groups
3. Demonstrated leadership and follow-through
Please complete on District website at www.sowashco.org :
- Letter of Application citing qualifications and reasons for interest in the position
- Current Resume
- Completed District 833 Administrative Application, available on the SWCS website
- Copy of current MN licensure
- Three letters of professional reference
Complete online application by 4:00 PM on May 12th, 2017.